Heading out to watch your friend (spouse/mistress/boss/children) run a road race? Whether it’s a 5k, half-
marathon or a marathon, wouldn’t you appreciate some encouragement late in the race? Want to encourage random runners with one of these #RaceSigns? Looking for creative ideas on what to write? Tired of sorting through random lists of quotes. Well, here it is, the first of it’s kind killer list of motivational marathon signs – ALL SORTED BY THEME!!
Some oldies and some new favorites. Updated frequently – check back before your next race!
Theme #1: ME – THE SIGN HOLDER: (Because spectating this race is a big part of my day too.)
– Holding This Sign Isn’t Easy Either.
– My Legs Hurt Just Watching You.
– Staying up all night making this sign was hard too.
– Hurry up so I can watch football!
– I trained for a week to hold this sign.
– The faster you run, the faster I can cross the street!
– Where is everyone going?
– Worst Parade Ever.
– Ah, I love the smell of 20,000 runners in the morning.
– Run quietly, I’m hung over. (Submitted by Cindy, below)
– You think running 26.2 miles is hard, try waiting for you to finish.
– Why do the cute ones always run away?
– Motivational Sign
– If it was easy, *I* would do it.
Theme #2: TRAINING / SIGNING UP: (Many runners train for months for the big day.)
– I’m sure this seemed like a good idea 4 months ago.
– If you’re still in a relationship, you didn’t train hard enough.
– You Actually Paid Money to Do This?
– No more Saturday runs means Friday night sex baby.
– You know the first person who did this died, right?
– No One Made You Do This.
– Marathon: A 10k with a 20 Mile Warmup.
– Because 26.3 would be crazy.
– This isn’t the Disney Marathon, but we didn’t get you up at 2am either.
– 26.2: The number of cookies I can eat at one sitting.
Theme #3: THE RACE ITSELF/ THE FINISH LINE:
– Shortcut —>
– If you have time to read this… you aren’t going fast enough.
– If a marathon was easy, it would be called your mother.
– $175 for a half marathon. Only $37.40 to go.
– Marathons would be fun if it wasn’t for all of the running.
– You’ve come this far, you might as well finish.
– This Marathon would be fun if it wasn’t for all of the running.
– I heard Justin Timberlake (..Ryan Gosling, etc) is handing out finisher medals
– Free Beer (…Sex, Pie, Twinkies, etc) at the Finish!
– Your Medal is Waiting.
– You’re Almost Done.
– Naked Cheerleaders Next Mile.
– If you don’t win…Don’t bother coming home!
– Hey marathoners, hurry up! The half marathoners are eating all the food!
– The faster you get there, the faster you can start eating.
– You are NOT almost there. (Submitted by Jeff, below)
– This would be so much easier in a car.
– Last is just the slowest winner.
– Alligator petting area ahead.
– Zombies don’t like fast food, keep running.
– I thought you said 2.62.
– Marathoning: The triumph of desire over reason.
Theme #4: THE PRESENT (YOU, RUNNING):
– I don’t know you but I’m proud of you.
– I want to be YOU when I grow up.
– It’s rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud.
– It’s long, it’s hard, so do it faster.
– Run easy. You’re not gonna win.
– My Mascara Runs Faster Than You Do.
– Only a $h!tL0@d of miles left.
– You’re the slowest runner so far.
– You’ve got stamina! Call me!
– My mommy is faster than your mommy.
– Don’t stop, people are watching. (Submitted by Cindy, below)
– You’re running better than the gov’t (Submitted by Cindy, below)
– Forward is a pace.
Theme #5: THE FUTURE:
– Pain is Temporary Pride is Forever
– Pain is Temporary, Internet Race Results last forever.
– This PR is gonna look great on FaceBook.
– The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race.
– Just think about how funny you are going to walk tomorrow.
Theme #6: RUNNERS BODY:
– Blisters are braille for awesome.
– Never trust a fart after mile 7.
– Shut up legs.
– Pain is Just Weakness Leaving Your Body.
– The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
– Toenails are for sissies.
– Sweat is Your Fat Crying.
– Your feet hurt because you are kicking so much butt!
– You look better than I thought you would at this point.
– As you pass, we’re checkin out your ass (…and it looks good.)
Theme #7: ADVICE ON HOW TO RUN:
– Run like there’s a swarm of Zika infected mosquitoes behind you.
– Stop reading this and keep running!
– Run like an Angry Kenyan.
– Run like Zombies are chasing you!
– Run like there is a hot guy in front of you and a creepy guy behind you.
– Run like Someone Just Called You a Jogger
– Go Random Runner Go.
– Take a cab. It’s faster!
– Suck it up buttercup.
– Run like someone’s chasing you.
– Run like someone called border patrol. (Submitted by Josie, below)
– Do epic shit.
– All it takes is all you’ve got!
– Run like there’s a photographer ahead. (Submitted by Josie, below)
– Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up. (Attributed to Ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes)
– You can run slower tomorrow when no one is watching.
– Run like her husband just got home. (Submitted by Cindy, below)
– I have cab fare.
– You trained too hard to walk. Move it!
Theme #8: REFERENCES TO CULTURE OR CURRENT EVENTS:
– Run like Trump is about to close the finish line.
– May the course be with you!
– Run Forrest Run!
– What does the fox say? (Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.)
– Stopping: Ain’t nobody got time for that.
– Running: It’s not just from the Cops anymore.
– Do or do not. There is no try. – Yoda (Submitted by Cindy, below)
– Run like it’s the start of the hunger games
– If Trump can be president, you can run 26.2 miles.
– If Trump can run, so can you.
– Hello, from the Marathon Side.
– Store your marathon results on your iPhone so the Gov’t won’t know how fast you are.
Theme #9: OTHER PEOPLE NOT HERE:
– Chuck Norris never ran a marathon.
– Beat Oprah.
– No matter how slow you are, you’re still lapping the guy on the couch.
– My wife runs things.
– If races were easy, they’d be called your mom. (Submitted by Josie, below)
– Most people won’t drive 26.2 miles today.
– Even atheists will be praying by mile 24.
Theme #10: COMPARING RUNNING TO OTHER THINGS:
– Runners have balls. Others just play with them.
– Running is Cheaper than therapy.
– My sport is your sport’s punishment.
– If you think endurance training is hard, try chemotherapy.
– Obsessed is a word lazy people use to describe the dedicated.
Theme #11: PLAY ON WORDS:
– Who fartlek’d?
– Chafing the dream.
– Kick asphalt!
– WTF: Where’s The Finish?
– Show us your bibs.
– P.R. or E.R.
– You thought they said RUM didn’t you?
– Your halfweigh they’re (Submitted by Anna-Marie, below)
Let us know your funniest or most creative motivational race signs!
Thanks again to those who have contributed!
Struggling runners everywhere will thank you!!
BONUS SECTION: Theme #12: FOR SHIRTS:
– I hate running.
– If found in bar, return to race.